Hi friends, I've moved the blog.

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds.

If your're not redirected then come on over to
http://bigcityislandgirl.wordpress.com

Thursday, February 12, 2009

The week of publicists

Haven't blogged as much as I'd have liked to this week. Between celebrities, octo-mom and government it's not like there wasn't alot going on. But this was a hectic school week for me. Journalism class, one of my favorites, was pretty interesting this week. We talked about news and it's story-telling or narrative qualities and whether or not this affects its proclaimed objectivity. Then there was Qualitative Research...REALLY interesting discussion this week about the execution of Daniel Pearl and his actual body as a rhetorical artifact being used by both Islamic militants and the U.S. in nationalist discourse. Also had to submit a rhetorical analysis to this class, I'll wait until I get my grade to post about it :) Then yesterday I had my class on Public Opinion & Attitude Change and somehow between all the classes I managed to submit my paper to NCA (National Communication Association) for their conference in November. School is very interesting this semester I must say. After that class I went to a bar to play a game of Quizzo...first time playing and I'll be playing again, cuz we won!

But I had to post a link to this blurb which appeared in the NY Post on Wednesday about celebrity publicists. Interesting that they talk about Rihanna's publicist lying to protect her clients when I just blogged about this same issue earlier this week. It would be good to talk to a celebrity publicist to find out what ethical guidelines, if any, they use in defending their clients' interests. Maybe I'll find a publicist somewhere that would be willing to give me a brief interview. So that's all for the post tonight as I'm off to bed now.

No comments:

Post a Comment